The Wotton Times is committed to working within and adhering strictly to the Editors Code of Practice. However, if any person feels we have breached the code in anyway, and wishes to make a complaint, please submit your complaint, in writing to the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) in accordance with the following steps.
• All complaints must include the name and date of the publication, with reference to the specific article in question.
• Please include the URL of the article if possible, and/or link to any image or video.
• A detailed description of the complaint, with reference to specific words, phrases, images, instances, dates and records that are relevant, and which clauses of the Editors Code of Practice you believe the publication has breached.
Who can complain?
• Complaints must be made on behalf of a named individual only. This includes complaints where businesses and organisations are involved
• In submitting a complaint, you must provide your full name, address, phone number and email.
What can I complain about?
• You can complain about any article, in print or online, including words, images and audio / video content.
• You can also complain about the conduct of an individual journalist or employee of the publication in question,
• Complaints must be contemporaneous and must be made within four months of publication.
• The publication will endeavour to respond to the complainant within 21 working days.
• The editor will confirm receipt of the complaint within three working days by contacting the complainant via email.
• All complaints will be dealt with by the editor of the publication that published the article, and/or the employer of the named individual.
• The editor will investigate the complaint to the best of his/her ability, in respect of the Editors Code of Practice, and respond accordingly.
• If we uphold your complaint, we will inform you of the remedial actions taken or to be taken
• If the complainant is not satisfied with the suggested resolution, the complaint will be referred to independent arbitration.
All information provided to The Wotton Times will be handled sensitively and within the boundaries of the Data Protection Act 1998.